Telecommunications / Telephone System
In the event of a partial or complete shutdown of the telephone system the following procedure should be followed:
- Facilities Services will notify the departments that a partial or complete shutdown of the telephone system has occurred, provide an estimate of the downtime, and provide frequent updates of the status of restoration of the telephone system.
- In the event of a total telephone switch shutdown, the message will be sent via the paging system on the Simplex Fire and Life Control System or by other means deemed appropriate.
- The departments should use e-mail, runners, and cellular phones, if available.
- Avoid contacting the College switchboard operators, Security, and Facilities Services unless in extreme medical situations.
- All available forms of communication should be used for business purposes only.
- In the event of a BCD emergency (providing the telephone system is working) messages and updates will be sent by broadcast message, and the mailbox designated for messages and updates. The number for the message mailbox is 214-828-8900. Other methods may be used as appropriate.
- Report telephone equipment failure to Facilities Services in Room 22.