If you receive a bomb threat, REMAIN CALM!
- LISTEN CLOSELY to the caller.
- OBTAIN INFORMATION listed on the Bomb Threat Checklist (see next page).
- Inform the caller that the building is occupied (if applicable) and that the detonation of a bomb could result in the death or serious injury to many innocent people.
- Note if the caller has knowledge (floor plans, clinic locations, etc.) of the College.
- If possible, note whether the call is originating from within the College or from an outside line.
- Immediately CALL SECURITY at 214-828-8335 (pager: 214-582-7300) and NOTIFY YOUR IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR.
- Give the completed Bomb Threat Checklist (see next page) information to the first police and/or security officer at the scene.
Call the Security Office at 214-8288335 (pager: 214-582-7300) immediately and notify your immediate supervisor. AVOID UNNECESSARY HANDLING of the note and keep it in a safe place until campus security officers and/or police officers arrive.
The Bomb Search
It is the policy of Baylor College of Dentistry to consider all bomb threats serious. Security will immediately notify the Dallas Police Department at 9-911 and Baylor University Medical Center Public Safety Office at 214-820-4444. An immediate search of the endangered area will be initiated to determine if a bomb threat exists.
- The Dallas Police Department, Security and Environmental Health & Safety will coordinate the bomb search.
- Search teams will consist of police officers and/or safety officers and employees of the area involved.
- DOORS AND WINDOWS (THAT CAN BE OPENED) SHOULD BE OPENED and left open for the duration of the search.
- If a suspicious object is located, the searchers WILL NOT TOUCH OR MOVE the object. Notify the police, security and/or safety officers on the scene.
- Evacuation decisions will be made by the Senior Administrator on the scene. Evacuations will be conducted in accordance with the Evacuation Procedure section (see page 3 of this guide).
BOMB THREAT CHECKLIST
|1. When is the bomb set to explode?|
|2. Where is the bomb located? Be as specific as possible.|
|3. What kind of bomb is it?|
|4. What does the bomb look like?|
|5. Why did you place the bomb?|
|6. Where are you calling from?
|7. __ Male __ Female Accent:|
|8. Caller’s Name:
|10. Phone Number:
|11. Any background noises?
|12. Actual words stated by caller:
|13. Telephone number that threat was received on:
|14. Your Name: Position:
Call the Security Office at 214-828-8335 (pager: 214-582-7300) and notify your immediate supervisor.
Give this checklist information to the first police or security officer to arrive.