Skip breadcrumb navigation
Guiding Principals of the Technology Development Office
- Technology is any product with potential for commercialization, or is the product of any activity coming from a commercial entity. Technology development is any activity surrounding these products that results in an increase of research funding for Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry and the investigator.
- Each investigator should adhere to the fundamental ethical standards of high-quality research.
- The technology development process should not be a burden to the investigator.
- Technology development should be driven by research that is translational in nature. Investigators should consider the applied nature of their research and the opportunity for the commercialization of their research or technology.
- All research is not translational in nature and applicable for commercialization. Some faculty members may decide not to pursue commercialization for their research.