Emerging Technology Advisory Committee
Skip breadcrumb navigation
The Emerging Technology Advisory Committee
- The ETAC is a standing committee with all members appointed annually by the Dean, with recommendations from the previous committee chairman. The Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry representatives on the Texas A&M HSC-level TCAC will be members of the ETAC, with the Director of Technology Development acting as the chair of the ETAC.
- The ETAC meets on an ad hoc basis to consider technologies submitted by TAMBCD Faculty and students.
- The Director of Technology Development reports to the Associate Dean for Research, and makes monthly reports to the Research Advisory Committee.
- The ETAC is composed of individuals with demonstrated expertise in technology development, or with particular expertise and interest required for fulfilling the functions of the ETAC. The ETAC has members representing both the basic science and clinical departments, and a representative from the Associate Dean’s office assists with administrative issues and the recording of minutes.
- 2006-2007 members of the ETAC
- Lynne Opperman, Chairman (Biomedical Sciences)
- Miles Beach (Perio)
- Peter Buschang (Ortho)
- Paul Dechow (Biomedical Sciences)
- Brent Hutson (Restorative)
- Ragu Puttaiah (Diagnostic Sciences)
- Ikuya Watanabe (Biomaterials Sciences)