Skip breadcrumb navigation
Activities of the Technology Development Office
- Educate, motivate and provide incentives for the Researcher/Inventor.
- Create an Emerging Technology Advisory Committee (ETAC) to identify technology for possible further development.
- Liaise with the Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC) at TAMUS and the Technology Commercialization Committee (TCAC) in the Vice President for Research’s Office at the Texas A&M Health Science Center about possible technologies for development.
- In conjunction with the OTC and TCAC, assess technologies to determine if they are patentable and/or marketable.
- Conduct scientific, industrial and investment evaluations.
- Cooperate with outside agencies and companies.
- Develop clinical trial protocols for agencies and companies.
- Negotiate with agencies and companies to maximize provision of products and financing for product testing.
- Interact with the Dallas Greater Chamber, Technology Business Council, BioDFW and similar organizations to advertise the availability of Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry and the other TAMHSC components for collaborative enterprises.
- Develop relationships with small businesses.
- Serve as subcontractors on research proposals to test their products.
- Employ the small businesses to help with prototype/product development.
- Leverage SBIR/STTR funding.
- Facilitate proposal development and proposal review for intramural/seed money to accelerate technology development, assessment, and IP protection.
- Make business proposals and recommendations to the Associate Dean for Research, TAMBCD.