2014 Faculty Mini Retreat
Critical Thinking in Dental Education
Tuesday, November 25, 2014 from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM (CST)
Speaker: David C. Johnsen, D.D.S., M.S.
Dean, College of Dentistry and Dental Clinics University of Iowa College of Dentistry
This 2014 Faculty Mini Retreat will address proposed training and assessment in critical thinking in the BCD curriculum with an emphasis on Caries Risk and Assessment. The presenter will:
- Discuss evidence-based concepts on critical thinking that may be helpful in re-designing dental education programs;
- Analyze specific exercises and programs in critical thinking in the dental education literature; and
- Describe opportunities and challenges in guiding student learning and assessing performance in critical thinking for dentistry.
2015 Faculty Retreat: TAMU Rules! Post-Merger Policies and Guidelines
Thursday, January 8, 2015 from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM (CST)
Subsequent to the merger, some rules have changed. Come hear what TAMU and TAMBCD administrators have to say about the following topics:
- Changes in TAMBCD’s Due Process Document;
- TAMU Administrators’ Perspectives on Due Process; and
- Legal Aspects of Due Process, Protections for Faculty and Administrators.
Dean Lawrence Wolinsky will present a message on the "State of the College". In
addition, several colleagues will receive awards for their commitment and dedication
to research and academia.