Dr. Christine K. Beninger
Department of Restorative Sciences
3302 Gaston Ave.
Dallas, Texas 75246
Education and Post-Graduate Training
- University of Southern California School of Dentistry, D.D.S. – 1978
- University of Southern California, B.S. Biology – 1976
- Director of D3 Operative Dentistry Clinic
- Director of Dental Auxiliary Utilization Clinic
- Pre-clinical Operative Instructor
Director of D2 Introduction to Dental Auxiliary Utilization
- Annual update of course syllabus and instructional materials with emphasis on ergonomics as it relates to the practice of dentistry
Director of D3 Dental Auxiliary Utilization Clinic
- Conduct periodic meetings with DAU assistants to:
- review and/or update staff members on clinical protocol
- receive and review assistants’ update on the assessment of D3 students’ progress in completing essential experiences in dental auxiliary utilization
- troubleshoot regarding problem areas observed by assistants or other restorative faculty
- set goals for upcoming semester
Co-Director of Introduction to Clinical Practice II – 7084C
- Co-ordinate efforts with co-director in order to schedule course rotations, and update curriculum and course syllabus
- Co-produced video “Preparation for A Clinical Appointment” (2004)
- Collaborated with co-director to incorporate the use of QA form and use of EHR into this course
Curriculum and/or Course Development
Teaching Materials Developed
- Implemented the PLEASE Cast Gold Award in an effort to further motivate D3 students to complete their cast gold essential experiences in Operative Dentistry.
- Converted Operative Clinic Manual to electronic format.
- Collaborated with Drs. Steve Griffin and Kim Perry in scheduling, compiling questions, administering, and summarizing results of a Restorative Sciences OSCE.
- Worked with Dr. Steve Griffin and Regina Courtney to write a program within Axium to more closely track the progress of D3 students in Clinical Operative Dentistry.
- Devised CAPE award in an effort to motivate students to complete their essential experiences in Operative Dentistry in a timely manner.
- Converted DAU manual to electronic format.
- Updated and converted lectures to powerpoint.
- Compiled clinic procedure cards which are color coded and laminated for use in the D3 Operative Clinic for course 8224C (continue to update and use annually).
- Assisted with implementation of QA (Quality Assurance) forms in Clinical Operative Dentistry.
- 2004 – “Learning in the First Year of a Simulation Laboratory”, M. Yanus, A. McCann, S. Griffin, C. Beninger, T. McKinney, S. McCarthy, A. Miller, K. Mash, abstract presented at ADEA meeting in Seattle, WA.
Professional and Scholarly Societies
- Member: American Dental Association
- Member: Texas Dental Association
- Member: Dallas County Dental Society
- Member: American Dental Education Association
- Secretary of Operative Section (2008-2009)
- Chair Elect of Operative Section (2009-2010)
- Member: Consortium of Operative Dentistry Educators
- Region III CODE Meeting Chairman (2003)
- Member: Omicron Kappa Upsilon
Other Indices of Service
- 2006 – Represented BCD at Region III CODE meeting
- 2006 – BCD Faculty Calibration Workshop panel member
- 2005 – Represented BCD at Region III CODE meeting
- 2005 – Presentation on “Clinical Protocol for Caries Detection and Excavation” to BCD Faculty Calibration Workshop
- 2004 – Represented BCD at Region III CODE meeting
- 2003 – Region III CODE chairman