Welcome to the Center of Excellence
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry currently enjoys a reputation as one of the most diverse dental schools in the nation.
The college is expanding its diversity-related initiatives with the Center of Excellence, made possible in 2012 with a $3.4 million grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Bridge to Dentistry
Outreach and Educational Programs Leading to Careers in Dentistry
Overview of Programs
The Bridge to Dentistry programs are offered by the Office of Student Development and Multicultural Affairs and the Center of Excellence.
To find out more, or to download brochures, you may browse the site, or use the navigation panel to the right from anywhere on the site.
2015 collegiate participants in Center of Excellence's Summer Predental Enrichment Program
COE core components
Core components of Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry’s Center of Excellence Program include:
- Pipeline Activities for Pre-dental Students - offering academic enrichment activities which help students from underserved communities enhance their competitiveness for admission to dental school.
- Student Performance - graduating greater than 90% of students from all ethnic and racial groups.
- Faculty Development - providing opportunities for dental students to earn a Certificate or Master of Science degree in Education for Healthcare Professionals and supporting junior faculty as they prepare for promotion and/or tenure.
- Literature and Resources - increasing the Baylor Health Sciences Library Public Health & Community Medicine and Dentistry Collection, with holdings related to underserved groups and health, socioeconomic and cultural issues.
- Research - involving faculty and students in summer research projects geared toward health issues of underserved or minority populations.
- Student training - Providing opportunities for more students to work at off-site clinics that serve the underserved.
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number D34HP24458 and title Bridge to Dentistry: Awareness to Practicing, Teaching and Research for grant amount $3,419,234 and ~28% financed with nongovernmental sources (Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry).
This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
- Bridge to Dentistry brochure
- Project Dental Awareness (PDA)
- Visits to elementary schools
- Field trips to TAMBCD
- Future Dentists Club (FDC)
- Summer Pre-Dental Enrichment Programs (SPEP)
- SPEP 10, SPEP 11, SPEP 12 (for current 9th – 11th-grade high school students)
- SPEP Collegiate I (for current 12th-grade students)
- SPEP Collegiate II (for college students)
- Video from the American Dental Education Association (ADEA): Apply Early to Dental School: You Can Do It!
- Post-Baccalaureate Program (PBP) (for college graduates)
- Retention Programs
- Education for Healthcare Professionals Program (EDHP) (for dental students and dentists)
This online portal is your go-to source for all things newsworthy at Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry.
sign up for our e-Newsletter
Join the Center of Excellence mailing list to receive news announcements that keep you current on all the news from COE at TAMBCD.
Your Email address
3302 Gaston Ave
Dallas, TX 75246