Department of Biomedical Sciences
Member of the GSBS Faculty
3302 Gaston Ave.
Dallas, Texas 75246
Education and Post-Graduate Training
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio (1991-1995)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Physiology, Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (1985-1987)
- Ph.D., Physiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT (1991)
- M.S., Physiology, University of Qindao, Medical College, Qindao, China (1982)
- B.S., Medicine, University of Qindao, Medical College, Qindao, China (1976)
- Professor with tenure, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry (2007-present)
- Professor with tenure, Department of Oral Biology, University of Missouri-Kansas City (2006-2007)
- Associate Professor with tenure, Department of Oral Biology, University of Missouri-Kansas City (1998-2006)
- Research Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Texas Health Science Center, School of Dentistry, San Antonio (1996-1998)
- Research Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine (Endocrinology), University of Texas Health Science Center, School of Dentistry, San Antonio (1997-1998)
- •Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Texas Health Science Center, School of Dentistry, San Antonio (1996-1997)
Teaching responsibilities include:
Physiology (Dental students) and Hard Tissue Physiology (Graduate)
Dr. Feng performs research in craniofacial, tooth and bone developmantal biology, with a particular interest in understanding the roles of Dentin matrix protein-1, Bmp receptor 1A, beta-catenin, periostin and mechanical loading during development. In addition, Dr. Feng is interested in understanding tooth root formation using a naturally occurring osteoporosis mouse model. He is also interested in understanding the mechanism by which Pax-9 in mutation in exon 3 leads to tooth agenesis.
Dr. Feng's contributions to science include the following:
Discoveries of genes that control cell fates, morphogenesis and growth at condyle and growth plate
There has been substantial progress in understanding the embryonic formation of the limb growth plate since the molecular biology era began. In search for the molecular mechanisms that control postnatal chondrogenesis, we discovered specific genes (Bmpr1a and Osx) that are vital for the regulation of postnatal growth of the mandibular condylar and growth plate. We proved that the vast majority of subchondral bone cells in either condylar or growth plate or articular cartilage directly originate from chondrocytes. Figure: We believe that some chondrocytes directly transform to endothelial cells .
Identification of a novel Nfic-Osx-Dspp signaling pathway in tooth root formation
Although tooth consists of crown and root, most research focuses on crown dentin formation with less attention on postnatal tooth formation studies. As a result, attempts to regenerate a complete tooth have not been successful, partly due to the lack of appropriate animal models, plus the inherant difficulties associated with handling mineralized root dentin within the bone socket. To search for the factors critical for tooth root formation, we demonstrated that 1) Osx (the gene vital for skeletal formation but still unknown as to its function in tooth dentin formation is specifically required for root dentin but not for crown dentin formation; 2) OSX is the key downstream molecule of NFIC (a master transcriptional factor essential for root but not for dentin formation; and 3) DSPP, a critical matrix protein in dentin is directly regulated by the Nfic-Osx signaling pathway. This work points to a mechanism of tooth crown formation that differs from the mechanism of tooth crown formation (see above).
Establishment of the novel role of periodontium in normal health and diseases
Understanding periodontium biology and developing an effective treatment for bone and PDL damage due to periodontitis (one of the most common human diseases) has been a longstanding aim in dentistry and medicine. Our key findings in our studies were 1) PDL progenitor cells (cells differentiating into a specific type of cell) serve as the major initiators for alveolar bone formation; 2) It was proven in this study that the pathological changes in osteocytes are the key pathological factors responsible for bone loss and PDL damage in two severe human periodontitis cases and the periodontitis-engineered animal model. It was demonstrated that deleting the Sost gene (a potent inhibitor of WNT-ß-catenin signaling) or blocking sclerostin function using the monoclonal antibody in this periodontitis model prevents and repairs bone and PDL defects.
Discoveries of osteocyte role in bone mineralization and remodeling
For more than a century, osteoblasts have been viewed as the cells responsible for bone formation, while osteocytes (the cells that are buried in mineralized tissue, are treated as the "retired bond buildinges" with limited functions such as "mechanosensors". Dr. Feng's recent findings have shown that it is the osteocyte that forms mineralized bone and defects in this cell are responsible for osteomalacia in children and osteoporosis in older people. The current theory is that new bone is produced by osteoblasts from the bone surface
- The Roles of FAM20C (DMP4) in Odontogenesis and Osteogenesis. NIH/NIDCR R01 DE022549; 2012-2017 (Co-PI)
- Load-mediated Adaptation of the Bone-PDL-Tooth Complex in Vertebrates. NIH/NIDCR R01 DE022032-01A1 Administrative Supplement; 2012-2014 (Co-PI)
- DMP1 Mutations: Defects in Odontogenesis. NIH/NIDCR R01 DE15209; 2008-2013. (PI)
- Studies of the Roles of DMP1 and DSPP in Osteogenesis and Dentinogenesis. NIH/NIDCR R01 DE005092; 2009-2013. (Co-PI)
- A Preclinical Study Proposal: Effects of Sci-Ab on Rodent Periodontal Disease Model - Periostin-DMP1 null mice. Amgen Inc., #427411; 2012-2013. (PI)
- Zhang J., C. Niu, H. Huang, L. Ye, X. He, W. Tong, J. Ross, J. Haug, T. Johnson, J.Q. Feng, S. Harris, L. Wiedemann, Y. Mishina, and L. Li. Identification of the hematopoietic stem cell niche and control of the niche size. Nature 425:836-841, 2003.
- Feng J.Q., H. Huang, Y. Lu, L. Ye, Y. Xie, T. W. Tsutsui, T. Kunieda, T. Castranio, G. Scott, L.B. Bonewald and Y. Mishina. Dmp1 is specifically expressed in mineralized tissues. Journal of Dental Research 82:776-780, 2003.
- Feng J.Q., L. Xing, J. Zhang, M. Zhao, D. Horn, J. Chan, B.F. Boyce, S.E. Harris, G.R. Mundy, and D. Chen. NF-kB specifically activates BMP-2 gene expression in growth plate chondrocytes in vivo and in a chondrocyte cell line in vitro. J Biol Chem 278:29130-29135, 2003.
- Gluhak-Heinrich J., L. Ye, L.F. Bonewald, J.Q. Feng, M. MacDougall, S.E. Harris, and D. Pavlin. Mechanical loading stimulates dentin matrix protein 1 (Dmp1) expression osteocytes in vivo. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research 18:807-817, 2003.
- Ye L., M. MacDougall, S. Zhang, Y. Xie, J. Zhang, Z. Li, Y. Lu, Y. Mishina and J.Q. Feng. Deletion of dentin matrix protein-1 leads to a partial failure of maturation of predentin into dentin, hypomineralization and expanded cavities of pulp and root canal during postnatal tooth development. J Biol Chem 279:19141-8, 2004.
- Yang W., I. Kalajzic, Y. Lu, D. Guo, M.A. Harris, J. Gluhak-Heinrich, L.F. Bonewald, J.Q. Feng, D.W. Rowe, S.E. Harris. In vitro and in vivo study on osteocyte-specific mechanical signaling pathways. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact 4:386-7, 2004.
- Wei Z., Y. Xie, G. Li, J. Kong, J.Q. Feng, and Y.C. Li. Critical role of calbindin-D28k in calcium homeostasis revealed by mice lacking both vitamin D receptor and calbindin-D28k. J Biol Chem 279:52406-52413, 2004.
- Yongbo L., S. Zhang, Y. Pi, Y. Xie, and J.Q. Feng. Differential regulation of DMP1 expression during odontogenesis. Cells Tissues Organs 181:241-247, 2005.
- Rios H.F., L. Ye, V. Dusevich, D. Eick, L.F. Bonewald, J.Q. Feng. DMP1 is essential for osteocyte formation and function. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact 5:325-327, 2005.
- Ling Y., H.F. Rios, E.R. Myers, Y. Lu, J.Q. Feng, and A. Boskey. DMP1 depletion decreases bone mineralization in vivo. J Bone Miner Res 20:2169-77, 2005.
- Rios H., V. Shrinagesh Koushik, H. Wang, J. Wang, H.-M. Zhou, A. Lindsley, R. Rogers, Z. Chen, M. Maeda, A. Kruzynska-Freitag, J.Q. Feng, and S.J. Conway. Periostin null mice exhibit dwarfism, incisor enamel defects, and an early-onset periodontal disease-like phenotype. Mol Cell Biol 25:11131-44, 2005.
- Yang W., Y. Lu, I. Kalajzic, D. Guo, M.A. Harris, J. Gluhak-Heinrich, S. Kotha, L.F. Bonewald, J.Q. Feng, D.W. Rowe, C.H. Turner, A.G. Robling, S.E. Harris. Dentin matrix protein 1 gene cis-regulation: Use in osteocytes to characterize local responses to mechanical loading in vitro and in vivo. J Biol Chem 280:20680-90, 2005.
- Ye L., Y. Mishina, D. Chen, H. Huang, S. Dallas, M. Dallas, T. Kunieda, T. Tsutsui, L.F. Bonewald, and J.Q. Feng. Dentin matrix protein 1 (Dmp1) deficient mice display severe defects in cartilage formation responsible for a chondrodysplasia-like phenotype. J Biol Chem 280:6197-203, 2005.
- Zhang J., X.C. He, W.G. Tong, T. Johnson, L.M. Wiedemann, Y. Mishina, J.Q. Feng and L. Li. BMP signaling inhibits hair follicle anagen induction by restricting epithelial stem/progenitor cell activation and expansion. Stem Cells 0:2005-0544v1, 2006.
- Feng J.Q., L.M. Ward, S. Liu, Y. Lu, B. Yuan, X. Yu, F. Rauch, Y. Xie, S.I. Davis, D. Zhang, H. Rios, M.K. Drezner, L.F. Bonewald, L.D. Quarles and K.E. White. Loss of DMP1 causes rickets and osteomalacia and identifies a role for osteocytes in mineral metabolism. Nature Genetics 38:1310-1315, 2006.
- Zhang K., C. Barragan-Adjemian, L. Ye, S. Kotha, M. Dallas, Y. Lu, S. Zhao, M. Harris, S.E. Harris, J.Q. Feng, L.F. Bonewald. E11/gp38 selective expression in osteocytes: Regulation by mechanical strain and role in dendrite elongation. Mol Cell Biol 26:4539-52, 2006.
- Lu Y., Y. Xie, S. Zhang, D. Vladimir, L.F. Bonewald, and J.Q. Feng. DMP1 targeted Cre expression in odontoglasts and osteocytes. J Dent Res 86:320-325, 2007.
- Lu Y., L. Ye, Y. Xie, S. Zhang, S. Yu, M.D. McKee, Y. Li, D. Eick, S.L. Dallas and J.Q. Feng. Rescue of odontogenesis in DMP1-deficient mice by targeted reexpression of DMP1 reveals roles for DMP1 in early odontogenesis and dentin apposition in vivo. Developmental Biology 303:191-201, 2007.
- Qin C., R. D'Souza, and J.Q. Feng. Dentin matrix protein 1 (DMP1): New and important roles for biomineralization and phosphate homeostasis. J Dent Res 86 (12):1134-1141, 2007.
- Xu K., Y. Zhang, K. Ilalov, C.S. Carlson, J.Q. Feng, P.E.D. Cesare, and C-J. Liu. Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein associates with granulin-epithelin precursor (GEP) and potentiates GEP-stimulated chondrocyte proliferation. J Biol Chem 282:11347-11355, 2007.
- Feng J.Q., G. Scott, D. Guo, B. Jiang, M. Harris, T. Ward, R. Ray. L.F. Bonewald, S.E. Harris, and Y. Mishina. Generation of a conditional null allele for DMP1 in mouse. Genesis 46:87-91, 2008.
- Baozhi Y., M. Takaiwa, T.L. Clemens, J.Q. Feng, R. Kumar, P.S. Rowe, Y. Xie, and M.K. Drezner. Bone is the physiologically relevant site of the PHEX/Phex mutation in X-linked hypophosphatemia. J Clin Invest 118:722-734, 2008.
- Kamiya N., L. Ye, T. Kobayashi, D.J. Lucas, Y. Mochida, M. Yamauchi, H.M. Kronenberg, J.Q. Feng, Y. Mishina. Disruption of BMP signaling in osteoblasts through Type IA receptor (BMPRIA) increases bone mass. J Bone Miner Res 23:2007-17, 2008.
- Hu J.C.C., Y. Hu, C.E. Smith, M.D. McKee, J.T. Wright, Y. Yamakoshi, P. Papagerakis, G.K. Hunter, J.Q. Feng, F. Yamakoshi, J.P. Simmer. Enamel defects and ameloblast-specific expression in Enam knock-out/lacZ knock-in mice. J. Biol. Chem. 283:10858-10871, 2008.
- Ye L., S. Zhang, H.Z. Ke, L. Bonewald, and J.Q. Feng. Periodontal breakdown in the Dmp1 null mouse model of hypophosphatemic rickets. J Dent Res, 87:624-629, 2008.
- Rios H.F., D. Ma, Y. Xie, W.V. Giannobile, L.F. Bonewald, S.J. Conway, and J.Q Feng. Periostin is essential for the integrity and periodontal ligament function during occlusal loading. J. Periodontology 79:1480-90, 2008.
- Maciejewska I., D. Qin, B. Huang, Y. Sun, G. Mues, K. Svoboda , L.F. Bonewald, W.T. Butler, J.Q. Feng, C. Qin. Distinct compartmentalization of dentin matrix protein 1 fragments in mineralized tissues and cells. Cells Tissues Organs 189:186-191, 2009.
- Lu Y., C. Qin, Y. Xie, L.F. Bonewald, and J.Q. Feng. Studies of the DMP1 57-kDa functional domain both in vivo and in vitro. Cells Tissues Organs 189:175-185, 2009.
- Peng T., B. Huang, Y. Lu, Y. Sun, L.F. Bonewald, W.T. Butler, J.Q. Feng, S. Chen, R. D'Souza, C. Qin. Blocking of proteolytic processing and deletion of glycosaminoglycan side chain of mouse DMP1 by substituting critical amino acid residues. Cells Tissues Organs 189:192-197, 2009.
- Feng J.Q., L. Ye, S. Schiavi. Do osteocytes contribute to phosphate (Pi) homeostasis? Current Opinion in Nephrology and Hypertension 18:285-291, 2009.
- Lu X., H.F. Rios, B. Jiang, L. Xing, R. Kadlcek, E.M. Greenfield, G. Luo, J.Q. Feng. A new osteopetrosis mutant mouse strain (ntl) with odontoma-like proliferations and lack of tooth roots. Eur J Oral Sci 117:625-35, 2009.
- Sun Y., V. Gandhi, M. Prasad, W. Yu, X. Wang, Q. Zhu, J.Q. Feng, R.J. Hinton, C. Qin. Distribution of small integrin-binding ligand, N-linked glycoprotains (SIBLING) in the condylar cartilage of rat mandible. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 39:272-281, 2010.
- Feng J.Q., F.J. Guo, B.C. Jiang, Y. Zhang, S. Frenkel, D.W. Wang, W. Tang, Y. Xie, C.J. Liu. Granulin epithelin precursor: A bone morphogenic protein 2-inducible growth factor that activates Erk1/2 signaling and JunB transcription factor in chondrogenesis. FASEB J 24:1879-92, 2010.
- Gluhak-Heinrich J., D. Guo, W. Yang, M.A. Harris, A. Lichtler, B. Kream, J. Zhang, J.Q. Feng, L.C. Smith, P. Dechow, S.E. Harris. New roles and mechanism of action of BMP4 in postnatal tooth cytodifferentiation. Bone 46:1533-45, 2010.
- Kramer I., C. Halleux, H. Keller, M. Pegurri, J.H. Gooi, P.B. Weber, J.Q. Feng, L.F. Bonewald, M. Kneissel. Osteocyte Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is required for normal bone homeostasis. Mol Cell Biol 30:3071-85, 2010.
- Jiang B., Z. Cao, Y. Lu, C.V. Janik, S. Lauziere, Y. Xie, A. Poliard, C. Qin, L.M. Ward, J.Q. Feng. DMP1 C-terminal mutant mice recapture the human ARHR tooth phenotype. J Bone Miner Res 25:2155-64, 2010.
- Cao Z., B. Jiang, Y. Xie, C. Liu, J.Q. Feng. GEP, a local growth factor, is critical for odontogenesis and amelogenesis. Int J Biol Sci 6:719-729, 2010.
- Sun Y., M. Prasad, T. Gao, X. Wang, Q. Zhu, R. D'Souza, J.Q. Feng, C. Qin. Failure to process dentin matrix protein 1 (DMP1) into fragments leads to its loss of function in osteogenesis. J Biol Chem 285:31713-22, 2010.
- Zhou X., Z. Zhang, J.Q. Feng, V.M Dusevich, K. Sinha, H. Zhang, B.G. Darnay, B. de Crombrugghe. Multiple functions of Osterix are required for bone growth and homeostasis in postnatal mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 107:12919-24, 2010.
- Zhu Q., Y. Sun, M. Prasad, X. Wang, A.K. Yamoah, Y. Li, J. Feng, C. Qin. Glycosaminoglycan chain of dentin sialoprotein proteoglycan. J Dent Res 89:808-812, 2010.
- Wang X., J. Hao, Y. Xie, Y. Sun, B. Hernandez, A.K. Yamoah, M. Prasad, Q. Zhu, J.Q. Feng, C. Qin. Expression of FAM20C in the osteogenesis and odontogenesis of mouse. J Histochem Cytochem 58:957-967, 2010.
- Sun Y., S. Ma, J. Zhou, A. Yamoah, J.Q. Feng, R.J. Hinton, C. Qin. Distribution of small integrin-binding ligand, n-linked glycoproteins (SIBLING) in the articular cartilage of the rat femoral head. J Histochem Cytochem 58, 1033-43, 2010.
- Schiavi S.C., J.Q. Feng. Osteocytes and mineral metabolism. In: K. Olgaard, I. Slausky and J. Silver, eds. The Spectrum of Renal Osteodystrophy and Vascular Calcifications in Uremia, Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Lv K., H. Huang, Y. Lu, C. Qin, Z. Li, J. Feng. Circling behavior developed in Dmp1 null mice is due to bone defects in the vestibular apparatus. Int J Biol Sci 6:537-545, 2010.
- Zhang, R., Y. Lu, L. Ye, B. Yuan, S. Yu, C. Qin, Y. Xie, T. Gao, M.K. Drezner, L.F. Bonewald, J.Q. Feng. Unique roles of phosphorus in endochondral bone formation and osteocyte maturation. J Bone Mener Res 26:1047-56, 2011.
- Lu Y., J.Q. Feng. FGF23 in skeletal modeling and remodeling. Curr Osteoporos Rep 9:103-108, 2011.
- Sun Y., Y. Lu, L. Chen, T. Gao, R. D'Souza, J.Q. Feng, C. Qin. DMP1 processing is essential to dentin and jaw formation. J Dent Res 90:619-624, 2011.
- Lu, Y., B. Yuan, C. Qin, Y. Xie, S. Dallas, M. McKee, M. Drezner, L. Bonewald, J. Feng. The biological function of DMP1 in osteocyte maturation is mediated by its 57 kDa C-terminal fragment. J Bone Mineral Res 26:331-340, 2011.
- Ma, D., R. Zhang, H. Rios, N. Haruyama, Y. Sun, Y, Xie, A. Kulkarni, C. Qin, J. Feng. Novel role of Periostin in postnatal tooth formation and mineralization. J Biol Chem 286:4302-09, 2011.
- Sun Y., L. Chen, S. Ma, J. Zhou, H. Zhang, J. Feng, C. Qin. Roles of DMP1 processing in osteogenesis, dentinogenesis and chondrogenesis. Cells Tissues Organs 194:199-204, 2011.
- Prasad M, Q. Zhu, Y. Sun, X. Wang, A. Kulkarni, A. Boskey, J. Feng, C. Qin. Expression of dentin sialophosphoprotein in non-mineralized tissue. J Histochem Cytochem 59:1009-21, 2011.
- Tang W., et al. The growth factor progranulin binds to TNF receptors and is therapeutic against inflammatory arthritis in mice. Science 332:478-84, 2011.
- Nakashima T., M. Hayashi, T. Fukunaga, K. Kurata, M. Oh-hora, J. Feng, L. Bonewald, T. Kodama, A. Wutz, E. Wagner, J. Penninger, H. Takayanagi. Evidence for osteocyte regulation of bone homeostasis through RANKL expression. Nature Medicine 17:1231-34, 2011.
- Han X., M. Liu, A. Voisey, Y. Ren, P. Kurimoto, T. Gao, L. Tefera, P. Dechow, H. Ke, J. Feng. Postnatal effect of overexpressed DKK1 on mandibular molar formation. J Dent Res 90:1312-17, 2011.
- Martin A., S. Liu, V. David, H. Li, A. Karydis, J. Feng, L. Quarles. Bone proteins PHEX and DMP1 regulate fibroblastic growth factor Fgf23 expression in osteocytes through a common pathway involving FGF receptor (FGFR) signaling. FASEB J 25: 2551-62, 2011.
- Wang X., S. Wang, C. Li, T. Gao, Y. Liu, A. Rangiani, Y. Sun, J. Hao, A. George, Y. Lu, J. Groppe, B. Yuan, J. Feng, C. Qin. Inactivation of a novel FGF23 regulator, FAM20C, leads to hypophosphatemic rickets in mice. PloS Genetics 8 (5): e1002708, 2012.
- Jaiprakash A., I. Prasadam, J. Feng, Y. Liu, R. Crawford, Y. Xiao. Phenotypic characterization of osteoarthritic osteocytes from the sclerotic zones: A possible pathological role in subchondral bone sclerosis. Int J Biol Sci 8:406-417, 2012.
- Rangiani A., Z.G. Cao, Y. Liu, A. Voisey Rodgers, Y. Jiang, C.L. Qin, J.Q. Feng. Dentin matrix protein 1 and phosphate homeostasis are critical for postnatal pulp, dentin and enamel formation. Int J Oral Sci 4:189-195, 2012.
- Gibson MP, Q. Zhu, S. Wang, Q. Liu, Y. Liu, X. Wang, B. Yuan, L.B. Ruest, J.Q. Feng, R.N. D'Souza, C. Qin, Y. Lu. The rescue of dentin matrix protein 1 (DMP1)-deficient tooth defects by the transgenic expression of dentin sialophospho protein (DSPP) indicates that DSPP is a downstream effector molecule of DMP1 in dentinogenesis. J Biol Chem 288:7204-14, 2013.
- Feng J.Q., E. L. Clinkenbeard, B. Yuan, K.E. White, M.K. Drezner. Osteocyte regulation of phosphate homeostasis and bone mineralization underlines the pathophysiology of the heritable disorders of rickets and osteomalacia. Bone 54:213-221, 2013.
- Sun Y., Y. Jiang, Q. Liu, T. Gao, J.Q. Feng, P. Dechow, R.N. D'Souza, C. Qin, X. Liu. Biomimetic engineering of nanofibrous gelatin scaffolds with noncollagenous proteins for enhanced bone regeneration. Tissue Eng Part A 19: 1754-63, 2013.
- Gibson M.P., Q. Liu, Q. Zhu, Y. Lu, P. Jani, X. Wang, Y. Liu, M.L. Paine, M.L. Snead, J.Q. Feng, C. Qin. Role of the NH2-terminal fragment of dentin sialophosphotein in dentinogenesis. Eur J Oral Sci 121:76-85, 2013.
- Rakian A., W.C. Yang, J. Gluhak-Heinrich, Y. Cui, M.A. Harris, D. Villarreal, J.Q. Feng, M. Macdougall, S.E. Harris. Bone morphogenetic protein-2 gene controls tooth root development in coordination with formation of the periodontium. Int J Oral Sci 5:75-84, 2013.
- Jing J., Hinton R.J., Mishina Y., Liu Y., Zhou C., Feng J.Q. Critical role of Bmpr1a in mandibular condyle growth. Connect Tissue Res. 2014 Suppl 1:73-78.
- Qu T., Jing J., Jiang Y., Taylor R.J., Feng J.Q., Geiger B., Liu X. Magnesium-containing nanostructured hybrid scaffolds for enhanced dentin regeneration. Tissue Eng Part A, 2014 20(17-18:2422-33.
- Ren Y., Han X., Ho S.P., Harris S.E., Cao Z., Economides A.N., Qin C., Ke H., Liu M., Feng J.Q. Removal of SOST or blocking its product sclerostin rescues defects in the periodontitis mouse model. FASEB J 2015.
- Cao X, Liu R, Zhang H, Liao H, Zhang Y, Hinton RJ, Feng J.Q. Osterisk controls cementoblast differentiation through downregulation of Wnt-signaling via enhancing DKK1 expression. Int J Biol Sci 11 (3):335-44, 2015.