Announcements - March 2009
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to submit professional and personal news for publication in the Baylor Dental Record Online, HSC-BCD’s online newsletter. To submit news or get more information, e-mail Amber Thomas at email@example.com.
Online safety training required by March 31: Texas A&M Health Science Center has implemented an additional training program that employees must complete by March 31. It is a separate training program from Train Traq on SSO-HRConnect and is available on the HSC intranet home page.
- If you are on campus, go to http://exchange.bcd.tamhsc.edu/ and click on “Safety Training” on the left maroon navigation bar.
- All BCD personnel are required to complete at least three training modules, including hazard communication, bloodborne pathogens and sharps, and workplace violence. Individuals who drive either state vehicles or personal vehicles for state business also have required training in driver safety. Some individuals may have additional training based on their job descriptions.
- For more information, contact Howard White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Renew your CPR certification: The next health care provider CPR classes are scheduled for:
- March 18 at 1 p.m.; March 24 at 1 p.m.; March 31 at 1 p.m.
- April 2 at 9 a.m.; April 8 at 1 p.m.; April 16 at 9 a.m.
All students and clinical staff and faculty can sign up by contacting Gracie Perez at Ext. 8388 or in Room 107.
EAO cooking and crafts: The Employee Activity Organization has two opportunities available for all employees.
- The annual EAO craft fair is March 27 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the college’s basement. The fair will have more than 15 tables and 10 vendors. Each vendor also has donated an item for a silent auction in the atrium that same day.
- The group’s 300-page cookbook, What’s Cooking at BCD, is now available for $8. Those interested can purchase the cookbook from Debi Villarreal in Room 102 or Gary Hornback in Room 105.
Dates to Remember
March 16-20 – Spring break
March 20 – University holiday (offices closed)
April 8 – Student Research Day – clinics close at noon
April 17-20 – WREB – All clinics closed
The college’s centennial history book is for sale for $64.95 in Room 522. Baylor College of Dentistry: The First 100 Years includes great historic pictures of early dental school days and stories that you've never heard before. To order, download the order form at www.bcd.tamhsc.edu/centennial/downloads/bookorder.pdf, fill it in and return to the Office of Communications and Institutional Advancement in Room 522.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Sharon McDowell, switchboard operator in facilities services, who passed away Feb. 21. Services were held Feb. 28 in Dallas.