Texas A&M Health Science Center Baylor College Of Dentistry Online News
HSC-BCD’s annual Research Day was held March 12 at the college. Student researchers presented oral and poster presentations, which were evaluated by a team of faculty judges. Results for dental students are listed below:
DDS Poster Division:
- First Place: Vikram Gandhi, D2 (Dr. Chunlin Qin, assistant professor in biomedical sciences, mentor)
- Second Place: Amanda Krysiak, D2 (Dr. Marie Koike, visiting assistant professor in biomaterials science, mentor)
- Third Place: Sarah Parker, D2 (Dr. Peter Buschang, professor in orthodontics, mentor)
- Fourth Place: Niyati Mehta, D2 (Dr. Lynne Opperman, associate professor of biomedical sciences and director of technology development, mentor)
- Honorable Mention: Sara Mouzi, D2 (Dr. Fen Wang, assistant professor at HSC-Institute of Biosciences and Technology, mentor)
DDS Oral Division:
- First Place: Summer Owens, D2 (Dr. Bob Hinton, professor in biomedical sciences, mentor)
- Second Place: Joseph Kayne, D2 (Dr. Lynne Opperman, mentor)
In other student research news, Sarah Parker received the ADA/Dentsply Student Clinician Award and will represent HSC-BCD at the 2008 American Dental Association meeting in San Antonio.
The following students were chosen to represent HSC-BCD at the 2008 Hinman National Student Research Symposium in Memphis, Tenn:
Amber Ansari, Trevor Bodine, Vikram Gandhi, Harold Kamara, Joseph Kayne, Nora Kweik, Mark Martinsen, Niyati Mehta, Summer Owens, Purvi Patel, and Johnny Reed. All are second-year students except first-year student Niyati Mehta.