Pardon the mess
Baylor Health Sciences Library before renovations
Media Resources/Steven Doll
Library renovations underway; expansive upgrades in the works
Big changes are in store for the Baylor Health Sciences Library, in case you were wondering what all the commotion is about in the college’s easternmost hallway. The first phase of renovations began Nov. 26 and will run through Dec. 14. The library will remain open during this time, but will close Dec. 15 for the second phase of renovations. It is expected to re-open Jan. 7, at which time the computer lab, group study area and circulation desk should be fully functional.
Once renovations are complete, the library will boast several new features of interest to students and employees alike.
Some highlights include:
- five additional public computers — dental side of library;
- new leather-wrapped, down-cushioned furniture;
- power outlets in all study tables, including coffee tables in lounge seating areas;
- stronger Wi-Fi signals;
- additional study carrels; and
- history of dentistry book collection and display.
Renovation-related questions can be sent to Rosanna Ratliff, director of the Baylor Health Sciences Library, at ext. 8161 or RRatliff@bcd.tamhsc.edu.
Check out the December/January Baylor Dental Record Online for a sneak peek at the library’s new look.