FROM LEFT TO RIGHT:
Phoenix served as perfect locale for the dean to meet college alumni in the Southwestern U.S.
Dean Lawrence Wolinsky recently took advantage of the opportunity to meet several Texas A&M Health Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry alumni who have taken their dental practices beyond the state and into the greater Southwest.
The March 2 reception, “Meet, Mix and Mingle with the Dean” gave TAMHSC-BCD alumni and friends a chance to catch up after the 2012 Academy of Osseointegration Annual Meeting in Phoenix.
Wolinsky and his wife, Dr. Amerian Sones, clinical assistant professor in restorative sciences and director of continuing education, hosted the event, which was the first of several receptions the dean plans to host in an effort to connect with alumni across the country.
Here’s a look at who attended.
Several TAMHSC-BCD faculty, alumni and friends, including:
- Dr. Ronald Woody — professor in restorative sciences and director of implant dentistry — and his wife, Jan.
- Dr. Susan Hummel — associate professor in restorative sciences and director of removable prosthodontics — and her husband, prosthodontist Dr. Larry Pace.
- Dr. Jorge Gonzalez — assistant professor in oral and maxillofacial surgery and director of the Center for Maxillofacial Prosthodontics.
- Dr. Erick Lachner — Nobel Biocare implant fellow at the college’s Center for Maxillofacial Prosthodontics.
Attendees from California included periodontist Dr. Tinou Tran Roncone, prosthodontist Dr. Indira Sahiwal, Nobel Biocare Director of Clinical Education Thomas Reddy, and Academy of Osseointegration past president and oral surgeon Dr. Peter Moy. The dean also had the opportunity to meet dual-trained orthodontist/prosthodontist Dr. Dan Blue and his wife, periodontist Dr. Ann Blue, both TAMHSC-BCD alumni.
Other alumni in attendance included maxillofacial prosthodontist Dr. Carl Brownd of Nevada and periodontist Dr. James Tilger from Duncanville, Texas. Joining the group from Zurich was Nobel Biocare CEO and President Melker Nilsson. Maxillofacial prosthodontist Dr. Steve Lewis, based in Charlotte, N.C., also attended.
Friends of TAMHSC-BCD alumni in attendance included:
- Dr. Philip Bhaskar (California);
- Dr. Frank Pavel (California); and
- Dr. James Emerson (Washington).
|FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: Dr. Larry Pace; Dr. Dan Blue; Dr. Ron Woody, professor and director of implant
dentistry in restorative sciences; Dr. Ann Blue; Dr. Tinou Tran Roncone; and Wolinsky.