Sneakers whip up support
More than 100 participants amassed
at Bachman Lake in Dallas to raise
funds for Community Dental Care.
Photos by Steven Doll
Fundraiser receives volunteer support from students, faculty and staff to generate funds for Community Dental Care
For the sixth year, runners turned out in droves for Community Dental Care’s Smile Walk and Run fundraiser on Sept. 10 at Bachman Lake in Dallas. In all, 109 runners participated in the 5K and 10K races to generate $11,638 for the nonprofit, which provides dental treatment to Dallas-area children, seniors and patients in need.
Left to right: DH2 Haley Hays; Dental Hygiene Associate Professor Lisa
Several Texas A&M Health Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry students, faculty and staff were among the participants.
Some of them include:
- Haley Hays, DH2;
- Shelly Espay, DH2;
- Dr. Janice DeWald, director and chair, Caruth School of Dental Hygiene;
- Lisa Mallonee, associate professor, dental hygiene;
- Dr. Bob Hinton, Regents Professor, biomedical sciences;
- LaDawn Brock, web and media relations manager, communications and institutional advancement; and
- Willie Alexander, educational programs coordinator, student development.