Dynamic approach to continuing education
Ongoing collaboration between dentists, physicians to be topic of discussion at 2011 Brauman-Bell Alpha Omega Lectureship
When it comes to managing oral-systemic conditions, partnerships between dentists and physicians have been shown to improve overall patient-care outcomes. Learn how this trend is impacting multiple health care disciplines at the Nov. 8 Brauman-Bell Alpha Omega Lectureship, which will feature a panel of specialists from internal medicine, cardiology, blood and marrow transplant, radiation oncology and periodontics.
- Dr. John Wright, Regents Professor and chair of the college’s Department of Diagnostic Sciences (moderator);
- Dr. Terry Rees, professor in the college’s Department of Periodontics and director of the Stomatology Center;
- Dr. Dean Dimmitt, specialist in internal medicine for MedProvider, which serves Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas;
- Dr. Richard Snyder, cardiologist at HeartPlace in Dallas;
- Dr. Luis Piñeiro, director of the Marrow Processing Laboratory and Apheresis Lab at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas; and
- Dr. Brennan Scott Cheek, radiation oncologist for Texas Oncology at Baylor Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center in Dallas.
While 1-1/2 hours of dental continuing education are available for attending this event, a continuing education registration card must be received by Oct. 31. There is no cost to attend the lectureship or to receive CE credits. For more information, please view the invitation or contact Lori Dees in TAMHSC-BCD’s Office of Communications & Institutional Advancement at 214-828-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.